Response to COVID-19
Marpole Bilingual Montessori School’s top priority is providing a safe learning environment for our students and staff. Our new protocols will prevent the transmission of Covid-19 during the current pandemic. According to the B.C Centre for Disease, children have a very low infection rate. Most children are not high risk for the Covid-19 infection.
- No child or parent will arrive at MBMS with cold and flu symptoms. If you or your child are exhibiting cold and flu symptoms such as: fever, running nose, cough, shortness of breath or fatigue your child must stay home until a negative Covid-19 test can be provided.
- Children who develop a fever during class will be isolated with a teacher until they can be picked up.
- Children will be required to clean their hands at arrival at the cleaning station and asked frequently to clean their hands throughout their class time.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Children will not bring any personal items inside the school except for their snack/lunch bag and water bottle.
- Pre-screening checklist completed at arrival
- If you would like your child to wear a mask, please notify the teacher at arrival.
- At dismissal, children will sanitize their hands before walking out the door.
Physical Distancing and Minimizing Physical Contact:
There is no physical space requirements at this time.
Covid-19 Hand Hygiene:
Rigorous hand washing with plain soap and water is the single most effective way to reduce the spread of illness. Children and staff can pick up germs easily from anything they touch, and can spread those germs to objects, surfaces, food and people. Everyone should practice diligent hand hygiene.
- All children and staff will clean their hands before entering the MBMS facility.
- Hands will be washed hourly, after toileting, before and after eating, before and after using materials.
- Children will be supervised and guided for all hand washing to ensure correct 20 second method is used.
Cleaning and Disinfecting:
Regular cleaning and disinfection are essential to preventing the transmission of COVID-19 from contaminated objects and surfaces.
- General cleaning of the facility will be done once a day.
- Frequently touched surface will be disinfected twice a day: doorknobs, light switches, faucets etc.
- Cleaning of visibly dirty areas will be disinfected immediately.
- The classrooms and its materials will be sprayed with Vital Clean by Orkin and Surgically Clean Air machines will be running at all times.
- Tables, chairs, and activities will be disinfected frequently throughout the day.
Expectations for Parents:
- Pre-screening checklist completed at arrival onthe sign in and sign out sheets.
Expectations of Children:
- Children must sanitize hands when entering and exiting the building.
- Children will not bring personal items inside such as toys, jewelry, fancy hair pieces.
Expectations of Staff:
- No staff will enter the building with cold/flu symptoms
- All staff will clean their hand before entering and exiting the building
- All staff will have their temperature taken at arrival and must have a temperature below 38.0 C
- All staff will adhere to the MBMS covid-19 policies as well as the protocols outlined by the BC CDC and Childcare Licensing.
Any additional questions about our COVID-19 response?